View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
Thanks. I have been making exactly that mistake. I will try what you say. I have normally driven with front cushion high, back cushion low, back fairly upright. That may be the issue as you say.

I notice I don't have these issues in the Range Rover which has a more chair like seat.
I tend to sit with the back quite upright as well.

Someone (hopefully they are still reading here and will respond) posted that this is what their doctor told them. You want to almost feel like you are going to slide off the front of the seat. Makes sense, when you think about it. By sitting low, keeping the front of your legs up to give your knees some bend, and by sitting upright, you are extending your lower back much more than you would be if your legs were flat. Plus, you're putting extra pressure on your legs just above your knees, which screws up circulation and pinches your sciatic nerve.

The only downside to this, for me, is that I am looking more out of the top of the windshield than I'd like. But that's normal for me. In my MDX, I'm looking through the tint band. It's annoying enough that I contemplated having the windshield in that car replaced with one without a tint band.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians