View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Master Tinkerer

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpina B7
Nevermind, I found my alternator mounting bracket gasket replacement pictures. I still have yet to organize them and put descriptions on them, but here they are. --> here

Below are what my old gasket and surrounding looked like. The gasket was so hardened and brittle that I had to use a chisel/screwdriver and hammer to chip away at it...I broke several razor blades trying to hopelessly get under it. Clearly someone replaced it before and didn't expect it to stay sealed (note all the black gasket junk everywhere). However, the gasket I had in hand was plenty thick to make a strong seal; I used no gasket sealant and still have no leak.

A noteworthy thing if you don't have a lift: I used an engine support bar instead of an engine hoist (you can see in my set of pictures at the link above). By using an engine support bar, I was able to keep the engine at a static height while raising and lowering the car at will. If you use a normal engine hoist, then you have to lift the engine as you lift the car, and lower the engine as you lower the car, and I can't imagine how much of a pain that would be.

Black 2007 Alpina B7
Tension strut bushings

White 2007 Alpina B7
Supercharger clutch/bearings, replaced exhaust valve/pulled head, sunroof seal, 6000K angel eyes

Black 2002 BMW 745Li (sold)
KW v3's, blue angel eyes, 8000K headlights & HID fogs, rebuilt alternator & mounting bracket gasket, sunroof seal, CCVs, plugs, sway bar bushings, timing & valve cover gaskets, valve stem seals, guibo joint, mechatronic sealing sleeve, trans fluid, sanded headlights...

Last edited by Keif; 02-01-2012 at 09:00 AM.