View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 08:54 PM

Mein Auto: x3
Strong battery discharge check

2009 35D, on it's 3 battery ( 1 in 2010 and another in 2011) since I took delivery of it in December. Needed to be jump start 4 time in the last month, so I'm looking for a cure to my problem. I see that the starter button light, the gear lever green led and the window lock green led on the driver's door always stay on for 40 minutes after the car has been lock. I don't not if anything else is on, but I wonder if this might be the cause of my dead battery. Any of you witness this on your car? It seems to stay in a state of awareness for no reason.

Also the automatic tailgate seems to drain the battery very fast; after getting home opening and closing of the tailgate twice ( unloading, and reloading later for the next trip) always bring the strong battery discharge on? Is this a normal? I now have the habit of starting the engine just to open the tailgate; is this the reason the battery on that X5 don't last?

I know my battery is on it's last leg but I want to find the the problem's before getting a new one... Btw I'm still under factory warranty and maintenance

Thank you
Ads by Google