View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 07:05 PM
flâneur en cabriolet

Mein Auto: 2007 E93 N54
What fun! Kat, thanks for sharing photos. I'm kind of psyched, we have a new member of our local CCA chapter - and he used to be an instructor for BMW and TrackTime HPDEs. He just picked up an '08 335i coupe. Hope to get some tips on our next scheduled outing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman335 View Post
I'm going to do the reflector delete, but I'm waiting to get the hairdryer I bought from Amazon to get here. That, combined with the ridiculously hot weather should make it for an easy DIY job... or so I hope
It's not as hard as some of the threads make it seem. I did it during summer, on about an 85 degree day. Didn't use a hairdryer/heater.

One thing that made it really easy was using a thin, flexible card to slip between the reflector and the part (from the outside) to break the seal of the tape. I used an old grocery store loyalty card. The corner of it slipped easily between the two pieces, from the front, on the upper "thick" side of the short end of the piece. I then could gently work the card all the way through, breaking the tape seal, and then just slid it slowly and gently around. The reflector popped right out, and I never felt like I put any pressure on that thin bit of quarter panel.

Lots of folks have probably seen, but for more bulb comparison, here are the GP Thunders on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
I thought it was going to be the PE, but I've had my attention diverted to upgrading my camera equipment.
Are you going to go full-frame?

Last edited by andrew b; 02-06-2012 at 07:10 PM.