View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto: 325i bmw
thanks for your input dr. cook. I actually removed the ecu from the car and took inside the house on a call morning, brought it up to room temperature, put back on the car and the engine still did not start. This make be believe that there is something else that is being affected the the the cold temp.--usually around 35 degrees f. or below. I removed the ignition switch cover to have access to the electrical part of the switch and checked
the five wires for voltage readings present when the car starts fine to later compare when the car does not start.
by the way, for those who are having problems very much the same as this one, i do know there is no need to crank the engine to see if the car is going to start. All you have to do is cycle the ignition switch on and off until you hear the fuel pump make a buzzing sound that is really noticeable when the dr. side door is open---you will hear the buzzing sound coming from under the car. With the dr. side door close, the buzzing of the fuel pump is very hard to hear. Since this is an intemittent problem and the weather has gotten warmer where i live, I will be very upset to take the car to the shop and have them call me to tell me they haven't been able to duplicate it enough to trace the problem and charge me for it.

I emphasize that there is no need to crank the engine because this puts a lot of stress on the battery thus reducing greatly its life.

Hopefully Walker1277 reads this thread and can give us a list of all the parts he replaced since he hasn't had the same problem again for a long time.

I have a good feeling that one of the parts Walker1277 replaced on his car fixed the problem.