View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Master Tinkerer

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpina B7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkathee View Post
Keif or HerbP,
At first I thought I really dont need to remove the Fan wheel (attached to the water pump) and the fan cowl but then I remembered that i'll be lifting/supporting the engine at some point in order to remove the driver side motor mount and there is potential risk of breaking it out of place if not removed.
Anyway, link below shows a special tool 115050 when detaching fan wheel from water pump union nut.

http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/08/40/66

Is there any other tool I can use to improvise?
I bought this one --> here. Before that, I just made my own by grinding a semicircle out of a piece of metal and drilled/filed the holes in the proper places to grab the water pump pulley bolts. Remember, the water pump pulley / bolt for the fan is reverse-threaded, so you will turn clockwise to loosen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie2008 View Post
Do you guys recommend changing water pump , water pump pulley and belts while changing gasket ?
Try to wiggle the water pump pulley lightly by hand; if it's sloppy, replace. If it's been a year or so since you last replaced the belts or if you notice cracking along the ribs, replace the belts.

Black 2007 Alpina B7
Tension strut bushings

White 2007 Alpina B7
Supercharger clutch/bearings, replaced exhaust valve/pulled head, sunroof seal, 6000K angel eyes

Black 2002 BMW 745Li (sold)
KW v3's, blue angel eyes, 8000K headlights & HID fogs, rebuilt alternator & mounting bracket gasket, sunroof seal, CCVs, plugs, sway bar bushings, timing & valve cover gaskets, valve stem seals, guibo joint, mechatronic sealing sleeve, trans fluid, sanded headlights...