View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keif View Post
I bought this one --> here. Before that, I just made my own by grinding a semicircle out of a piece of metal and drilled/filed the holes in the proper places to grab the water pump pulley bolts. Remember, the water pump pulley / bolt for the fan is reverse-threaded, so you will turn clockwise to loosen.

Try to wiggle the water pump pulley lightly by hand; if it's sloppy, replace. If it's been a year or so since you last replaced the belts or if you notice cracking along the ribs, replace the belts.
Keif,
Thanks, I just ordered that tool set from eBay ($42 including shipping). Also, I COMPLETELY disagree with you that the pump pulley bolt for the fan is reverse threaded. It's common sense that you turn anti-clockwise to loosen any bolt and not clockwise as you mentioned. By that I mean, if you are facing the actual fan bolt (by standing infront of it) then you will be turning it anti-clockwise, of which it is the same as turning it clockwise if you are behind it. So pretty much the same thing as your theory...lol just giving you crap.