View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:43 PM

Mein Auto: acura csx
Hi all,
New to the forums and had some questions on purchasing a brand new 2012 bmw 328i.

some background info: I'm from canada and already have fully payed off my 2007 acura csx.

I'm still up in the air on if I should be financing vs leasing. One thing I havn't seen anyone talk about is this owner's choice financing.

OwnersChoice- A great alternative to Standard Financing. Reduce your payments by deferring a flexible balloon amount - due at the end of your term

The dealer was basically saying this was just another way of reducing your payments with 5k down its going to cost me about $733/month over 4 years. Do you guys think this is a good idea to go with? basically he said at the end of the 4th year you can either pay the balloon amount or refinance it OR you can use it as a trade-in for another bmw after 4 years and that it would be worth the balloon amount (on the payment calculator it shows as $20,540) to me this sounds like the best of both works im still building some equity on this vehicle and at the same time putting in 20k+ downpayment on a new car would help keep those monthly payments down(I still think I prefer to get a new car every 4-5 years). There has to be some sort of catch or something I'm missing so hopefully someone can shed some light on this. I was also planning to trade in my acura when buying this new bmw so that should lower my monthly payments as well.

Last edited by rs123; 02-11-2012 at 08:45 PM.