View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs123 View Post
I tried the leasing numbers, with 2k down over 4 years at 20,000km per year it shows 696 /month if I use that 9 security deposits or 727/month if I don't. I think I read on this form that 36 months was the sweet spot when it came to leasing-not sure why? The other thing is if I trade in my car I feel like I'm just loosing equity because if I'm leasing the next car at the end of the 4 years I have 0 equity where as with the 4 years I already have had with my csx its prob worth 13,000, I guess on the other hand my monthly payments should be really low because if I trade in this car for say 13k isn't that basically like putting 13k down payment on the lease?

As for the csx, it has a 2.0L L4 DOHC 16-valve engine with 155 hp
IN this case, raleedy has a good idea of selling the car private for cash, and using some of that cash for security deposits. Do not trade in the car to the dealer and let them just put that towards the lease. Dealers can be shady, especially with hidden #'s...i try to keep the transactions seperate, used car deal, then new car deal. Good luck