View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 F250 HD Edition
New 535xi purchase dilemma...

Hi everyone. I have been lurking here for a bit, doing some research on my new car purchase and I am hoping to ask you all for some advice. Here's the deal: I am ready to order a 2012 535xi with the following specs: space gray, black Dakota, dark wood, sport, technology, premium, premium sound, cold weather, sport auto trans, and head up display. The dealer has agreed to sell me the car at actual invoice and anticipates a 6-week delivery. I have two things that are killing this deal for me. First the whole 19inch tire situation. How is a company getting away with this? The absolute lowest price they will give me on the 5 year BMW plan is $1750, negotiated down from $2250. That's still a tough pill to swallow. Plus, I feel like if I buy a car knowing it has such a serious problem, doesn't that kind of make me an idiot? Especially if I pay extra money to try and minimize the expense of the known problem? I know about the GY warranty that is included but they don't cover rims and it seems like quite a few of you are bending them quite easily. I want to be able to take this car on long trips without worrying about its reliability to get me to where I'm going and back again. I'm near Boston and many of the roads are in terrible condition. This has me VERY close to walking away from the deal even though I really like the car.

The other concern is the persistent rumor that both the 535 and 550 are both going to gain 35-45 HP for 2013. Even the guys at the dealer said they have heard the rumors, but nothing has been confirmed. This is my first experience with BMW though I have long admired them. Would they really do that on such a recently designed model? Wouldn't that piss off a bunch of folks that just bought 2011-2012 cars?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.
Advertisement