View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550i
I put in an order on December 30 to utilize the incentives and then cancelled it when my dealer called and asked if I wanted to order the "M performance package". Of course this was not avail. on the non-LCI car so I asked when the car could be built if I changed my order. He replied "production starts at the end of April". Then and there I knew the LCI car was coming before July/August as the internal memo of BMW's production table suggests (which has been floating around the net for a while).

I passed on the M package because its the family car for the wife and the sport activity ride quality vs. adaptive drive which comes with the M pack just can't be beat IMHO. So I ordered a 13' 3.5i which will come with the 20 inch 336 wheels currently on the 5.0, I ordered LED headlights and the Enhanced premium audio from the X6M. Since I ordered just days before the official LCI announcement, I'm hoping that our car will be produced early. If production starts end of April, I think delivery at the end of May in Connecticut is a reasonable expectation. I got a prod. number on Jan. 25., order accepted priority 1 "sold". BMW is allowing an extension of our current X5 lease. I'm happy since I got my last BMW months before the LCI and was bought off guard by that.

Now comes the hard part waiting......

DRP

Last edited by 550isport; 02-13-2012 at 10:32 AM.