View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Mein Auto: 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by white75li View Post
They could have also been using less fuel during qualifying we know how good they did there.
Don't think so. Everyone qualifies on low fuel, and after Hamilton running out of fuel on the way back to the pit in Montreal in 2010, they "clarified" the rule so that every car needs to be drained of 1 quart for testing after their run.

Oh, wait, now I get it. Their more fuel efficient engine allows them to run with a bit less fuel and still have enough left for the test. Duh, brain fade...

I guess that could be right. The difference in quali probably isn't that great, but sometimes Vettel was pulling it out by a few hundredths. Half a liter less could have been it. But still, if they're all finishing quali with one quart left in the tank, and if they calculate correctly, they do, then I wonder how much lighter they are for one or two laps. It can't be much, but it could be just enough.

Remember in 2010 when Christian Horner was complaining about the Renault's lack of horsepower? I'm sure if he tries that again, he'll get a collective STFU from the pit lane.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"