View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:07 PM
RocknDoc

Mein Auto: 2012 F02 750Lix
Great Angle Eyes!!!

Thanks for the great info FalconFlyer. Quite an impressive display of brand loyalty in your garage! I just took delivery of my F02 M-Sport and was also very disappointed in the anemic amber AE's. I tried the Weisslicht LED kit but had error codes galore, and they weren't very bright as is common with LED's. After talking to Alex, I ordered the Alpine Motorsports HID AE kit in 6K (close to OE headlights). The install was a mere 30 mins and can be accomplished with minimal effort if you are the least bit mechanically inclined. There is only one power hook up in the engine compartment (passenger side on US 7's) and everything tucks in neatly under the plastic fender trim and through the radiator brace across to the drivers headlight. The ballasts fit nicely directly behind the headlights. You do have to cut 1 inch holes in the headlight caps that access the bulbs to accommodate the extra wires.

This is similar to the X5/6 install;

A very clean installation that works fantastic. Very visible in day light as you can see from pics. And NO ERROR CODES!!!!