View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16valex View Post
The CCV system on an M54 engine is not that complicated as we think. The design idea is great but the hardware is doomed for disaster sooner or later especially if you live in a cold climate.

Catch can is way to go but make sure you have a controlled vent to allow pressure to escape.

I'm still no clear as of your other end go. I know one end of your catch can go to the valve cover but still not clear for the other end. And are you going to put a check valve some where in your catch can system?

Keep up the good work, I really like the can it's clean.
Alex, it is just vented to the atmosphere. I will add a PCV that I linked above once I recirculate it back to the intake. The valve cover is pressurized hence the need for a check valve/PCV if attached to a vacuum source.

CN90 I figured crankcase pressure is crankcase pressure but was afraid BMW did something different by way of electronics/monitoring. After reading posts like "Help! I changed my floor mats now my engine won't start!" I was hesitant. I was actually just going to use the PCV that I linked above and just route it to the intake manifold BUT I just don't like anything other than air being sucked into the intake.