View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39 hamster w/ pin-wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by eparayno View Post
Alex, it is just vented to the atmosphere. I will add a PCV that I linked above once I recirculate it back to the intake. The valve cover is pressurized hence the need for a check valve/PCV if attached to a vacuum source.

CN90 I figured crankcase pressure is crankcase pressure but was afraid BMW did something different by way of electronics/monitoring. After reading posts like "Help! I changed my floor mats now my engine won't start!" I was hesitant. I was actually just going to use the PCV that I linked above and just route it to the intake manifold BUT I just don't like anything other than air being sucked into the intake.
Interesting...
My thinking was that there needed to be a pressure check valve on the hose going from the catch can/oil separator to the valve cover, but perhaps the check valve should only be at the hose going from the catch can/ oil separator to the intake manifold?

Do you plan on keeping the air distribution piece, that connects to the intake manifold?

Or, do you plan on capping the inlets on the intake manifold, like what was shown from the guys on E46fanatics...?

Or, do you plan on running the hose (hose would have a check valve) from the catch-can to the air distribution piece, if you plan on keeping the air distribution piece?