View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 750i
Well it was worth a try but unfortunately it did not work in my case.

I recoded the MMI - BLUETOOTH_HANDY to "aktiv" (equivalent to changing the command line as Ace did) and it had absolutely no effect. MMI looks exactly the same and the only Bluetooth setting is the on/off toggle.

Then I also coded the PORTABLE_BT parameter to "aktiv" in the TCU. That didn't do anything either.

Strange that NCS Expert would report those parameters as codeable when they have no effect.

So I have to conclude that the TCU in my car does not support any other bluetooth functionality other than pairing with the BMW handset in the drawer. Unless there are more, less obvious, code changes needed.

I used INPA to interrogate the TCU and despite being a facelift car my 750i has a TCU manufactured in Dec 2003. I guess BMW had to get rid of old parts.
It does have the Bluetooth sticker with the pairing code and the car came with the pairing code card which is still in the glovebox.

Maybe I was just unlucky to get a facelift car with an old TCU, so I am real interested in hearing from stuartjohn24 and rostman about their TCUs and coding results.