View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW E65 745i
Hi,

Shame to hear you haven't had much luck so far!

I have just been playing with this NCS Expert, I haven't used it before but managed to get the hang of it and read the coding information from a few units.

I still have the original re-facelift MMI but decided to have a look at what options are codeable.

The telephone related options that I can see are as follows:

ECE_TELEFON
nicht_aktiv not active
* aktiv active
US_TELEFON
* nicht_aktiv not active
aktiv active
TEL_WDCT
nicht_aktiv not active
* aktiv active
TEL_BLUETOOTH BLUETOOTH TELEPHONE
* nicht_aktiv not active
aktiv active
TEL_US_BUSINESS BMW BUSINESS TELEPHONE (USA)
* nicht_aktiv not active
aktiv active
TEL_US_PROFESSIONAL BMW PROFESSIONAL TELEPHONE (USA)
* nicht_aktiv not active
aktiv active
TEL_EXPLORERLISTE
nicht_aktiv not active
* aktiv active

I have no idea what ECE_TELEFON is, there also appears to be business and professional versions of the US phone option, is that for the BMW branded phone that goes into the armrest?

It would be interesting to see what activating the TEL_BLUETOOTH option does, can options conflict? like if the ECE_TELEFON is say for the phone in the drawer what will activating the bluetooth option do?

One other thing, when you read the coding you get the hex dump pop up and the line ACe refers to is there 3002, I understand he is using the 4 in 1 lead with dashsoft which looks like a copy/hacked version of carsoft/PA soft v2.1.0?

Obviously NCS expert converts the hex into a readable trace file showing what options are coded etc... isnt it simpler using NCS expert and NCSdummy to change the options rather than changing the hex values directly to see what they do?

Or have i got this all very wrong!