View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 525i station wagon
I like what you did there--it's even cleaner than the way I have mine made --great job---that valve that you have hooked up--might want to try that myself, what is that part?
On the hookup of hoses and all, I used going into the largest part of the distribution port, a hose that would fit into the port itself sorta snug fit--I then used a very heavy duty shrink tubeing product that I bought from my neighborhood Fastenal--I then fitted the hose down with a 3/4 to 1/2 copper plumbing reducer and then fitted the same shrink tubeing over that--then the line went to the catch can with the pvc valve on the end of that line going into the catch can I made with a grommet to house the pvc valve.---Then there is one more grommet in the top of the catch can that uses a 90 degree vacuum bend (for want of a better word)and then over to the valve cover and hooked up again with the heavy duty shrink tubing--
The shrink tubing I found is the heaveist stuff I ever saw, didn't know it was available like that--the warmer it gets under the hood the better the stuff holds LOL

Just read your last post again, you need to make sure you plug that port on your dipstick as soon as possible, your going to have a vacuum leak until you do that. Need to ask another question also, has you car used a lot of oil before doing this? If so, please let me know how this works out for you in that regard. I have a freind that has a 2001 X5 and wants me to change out his Vanos seals for him along with the cooling system. Thing about the car is that it uses about 1 qt of oil for every 1000 miles. I'm thinking about building a catch system for his car and just wanted to check out how yours is doing after you get it all buttoned up properly

Last edited by poolman; 02-18-2012 at 04:10 PM.