View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 530i
Poolman, my car wasnt using any oil that I was aware of, oil level always looked ok on the dipstick. The reason I did this was because I suspected my CCV to be leaking (new one replaced at 133k) But I discoverd a lot of oil in the front distribution vacuum port and in the hose attached to it, maybe the new CCV was faulty.

The valve and catch can I chose because of the 3/4" ID hoses needed. Basically I just paid for the catch can and pressure regulator valve (audi/VW 1.8t part) and a 3/4" vacuum elbow. The Heater hose I had laying around as well as the clamps. So it was convenient with the fitting. The stock L from the valve cover was what I used, I removed the plastic tube part wrapped around the bottom nipple then used a dremel to cut it into a straight fitting.

I will plug up the dipstick tube first thing and just wrap everything up. My check engine light came on though while waiting at the gas station after a few miles of driving I will need to check codes/reset/etc. Would the CCV still attached to the dipstick tube cause or can cause a vacuum leak? the valve cover and distribution connectors are just hanging there not connected from the CCV just the drain back tube. Im thinking yes since the CCV may be faulty

Last edited by eparayno; 02-18-2012 at 05:50 PM.