View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 02:28 PM
BMW 7 Series Obsessed

Mein Auto: 2011 750i Milano Beige
I just installed my 8000K Angel Eyes from Alpine MSS. A couple of observations:

1. On the 7 series bulb set that Alex sends, there is no negative/ground contact to hook up, only a positive which connects to the positive battery terminal.

2. The round light housing cap must have a ONE INCH hole drilled right through the center, not the 1/2" hole as indicated elsewhere on this board. The bulb assembly has a double flange soft silicon-rubber seal that must sandwich this hole you drill, so one lip is inside and one outside. It takes a little bit of effort to pull the exterior flange out, but it makes an obvious water-tight seal when you do it correctly. I used a 1 inch spade bit and braced the cap on a piece of wood. Easy to drill; took about 10 seconds.

3. The whole deal took me about 45 minutes, but only because I obsessed about how and where to run the wires so they were hidden best.

4. I would like to retract any criticisms I made earlier about Alex- he was most helpul and very responsive to my installation-related phone call, and he wants to see a satisfied customer!

Last edited by gassy; 02-20-2012 at 02:30 PM.