View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 11:14 AM

Mein Auto: X5
X5 pan roof issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny43.5 View Post
Hi all from down under , I have spent 30 years plus working with sunroofs and only recently did I figure out how to solve the malady of the X5 sunroofs being stuck open . DO not spend the ridiculous money that dealers and the like want to rob you of , the fix that I have discovered is so simple it that I am surprised it hasn,t been disclosed before . First thing to point out here is that the repair will render the rear part of your sunroof totally inoperable , what I mean is that you can still use your shades and slide the front glass open and tilt the front glass but the rear will remain permanently closed . Obviously if there is any other problems with your roof other than the rear stuck open this will not help. As a newby on this forum I will not disclose the fix in public if you wish to find out please feel free to contact me and send me your email so I can send the photos and details . The fix can be done by any one with some simple home tools and believe it or not takes no more than five minutes to do . Howard
Hi Howard
I would really appreciate information and pics on the fix you came up with.
Thanks
Roger
Roger.raymond@emc.com