View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
I assume when someone posts on a forum he/she wants the audience to hear it? After all why make the effort if no one could possibly care about your effort? And more so than not you want your effort to receive some positive results.

If so, it makes no sense to take an action (like ignore) that may lead to more negative results, for the same effort you are making.

Of course some might say, I don't give a #%&& what other readers think, but I think it is a lie. In my life, I have not met one person of normal capacity, who absolutely did not want to be heard.
You make a good point. My comment, though, was directed at your not wanting to screen out posts from someone whose posts really annoy you, because you said you were worried about how those annoying posts might inform other readers' view of you. I was sort of making fun of that, since I think most of us would be fairly comfortable letting readers make their own judgment based on what we say, regardless of what others say about what we say. But I think I could have skipped my snarky comment, so I owe you an apology.

Last edited by raleedy; 02-23-2012 at 06:05 PM.