View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:48 PM
BMWCCA Member #405750

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
I am so happy I did this. Most of you here in this forum probably don't know this, but I am back in the BMW business after a 8 year sabbatical. Having been driving and exposed to all of the new cars again, I was starting to catch myself flirting with the idea of replacing the E36...

When I first became GSM of Cutter BMW in the late 90's the E36 reigned King. At the very first Bimmerfest event in 2000, the most exotic Bimmer present was a supercharged E36 M3 (Techno Violet Metallic), that I fell in love with. Fast-forward to 2012, and it is so plainly obvious that the E36 is proving to be maybe the most long-lasting 3 series ever. I'm not so sure about other parts of the country, but here in CA you still see so many nice cars on the road. Honestly, I know it's a worldwide phenomenon.. Just look at all of the forum members from all over the world who are driving really nice E36's... I'm not saying that an E36 is better than an E30, or an E46 -- nothing like that. Just acknowledging that the E36 is a landmark vehicle in the storied 3 Series lineage...

Agreed. Congrats. Your really laying down some power there. You knocked over a jackstand for gods sake.

2011 Alpine White BMW M3 Coupe 6-speed Manual w/ ZCP.
2008 Alpine White 328i Coupe 6-speed Manual/ BMW Performance Exhaust/ M6 Wheels. (Retired)
Future owner of a Jetson's fold-up briefcase car. So I can TRULY park worry free.
"what I'm driving here...is an ending." Jeremy Clarkson