View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 09:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 Z4; 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerstien View Post
Just broke 50K. Day time running lights replaced, Driver-side rear light cluster wiring and harness replaced twice, push rods and roller arm replaced due to tapping. All under warranty.

I've had my Bimmer experience. I'll probably keep it for a few more years and then trade it in for an Infinity, Lexus, or Honda.

This car (528ix)is terribly sluggish for all that its touted for. I should have bought a 535 iX and put up with the HPFP issues.
In a word... yes.

IMHO the 528ix is not a car that does BMW justice (at least unmodded). The 328i is not sluggish or under powered. But throw the power demands of AWD on that engine and then add 3-400 extra pounds to slap it in a 5xx body... Not adequate. 328ix OR 528i probably okay. But the 5 PLUS the ix is too much. That's a car with the kind of "oomph" you'd get from... well... Infinity, Lexus or Honda (assuming you really mean Acura on the latter).

Bottom line is the advice you see here regularly on the "528 vs. 535" threads: "If you're thinking about a 528... don't drive a 535 or the 528 won't be appealing any more."