View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanster View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm a first time BMW buyer and couldn't be more excited ! I've always wanted the BMW 3 Series. I've been checking out the new 328i and have been reading through these forums extensively and have been checking out the dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area.

One question that I have is to those who have bought the 328i recently - were you able to get discounts on the car ? I spoke to a couple of dealers and they are telling me that the car is so new and so limited in supply that they are not discounting. I haven't actually tried to make any offers yet but wanting to fact check that with the community.

Additionally, what's "market adjustment price" ? One dealer wants to add $2,500 on top of their published price for market adjustment.

thanks,

Chris
market adjustment price is a nice way to say bend over and let me take you for another 2,500. Its pure mark up, and profit, and they are waiting for some sucker to bend over. tell them you will only pay 1250 over invoice or walk out, you have to be willing to walk out tho.

I got about 2k off. msrp

If you have to use that dealer(maybe they are closest to your house) get a better quote and ask them to match

Last edited by justinnum1; 02-26-2012 at 01:47 PM.