View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 545i
Thumbs up Window Anti Trap warning simple fix

So today I got into my car after work and the stupid chime that I hate so much went on to tell me something other than its cold out... I got a "Window Anti-Trap Function Disabled" warning... So I did what most probably do and shut the car off and restarted... no luck. I tested my windows to see what was going on and found that the drivers side front window would go down automatically but would only come up if I held the button up manually. Normally if I pull the button up all the way and let go the window will come up on its own.

To make a long story short I searched the forums I frequent and found a few differing methods of resetting or initializing the anti trap function... tried a few, while driving and here is the one that worked...

With the window up all the way, hold the button down while lowering the window and continue holding it down for 5 seconds after the window hits bottom. Immediately raise the window by holding the button up all the way for 5 seconds after the window hits the top... Thats it. I was skeptacle but it worked!

Hope this helps.

Mods
MTEC V3.0 AE's, Black and white roundels, Clear LED Side-markers, New Conti ExtremeContact DWS's, Charcoal Filter Delete, 35% Tint, 20%rear.

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...%20BMW%20545i/

GARY BETTMAN IS A TOOL!
Advertisement