View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 06:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW M5
Just purchased a 2006 E60 yesterday. beautiful and fun would be the two words i would choose to describe this car if faced with the challenge. the third would be "clunky". Today just going to and from work and traveling around town, i too am facing this same question. I have tried letting off the gas when i expect the shift and resume once it has completed the change...still clunky. messed with different modes...still clunky. This is the first BMW i have ever driven...period. That being said i have nothing to compare it to. I am though, aware enough and car savy to know it does shift quite awkward... in my opinion. I believe Magic-Man and myself were shooting for the same drive experience today. something comfortable around town and dirty when M button pushed and above 5K RPM. From my estimations i dont think this is going to happen. It is a true sports car sedan. it loved to be smashed with the gas. i drove it slow and quiet and got clunky. i drove it "semi-hard" and fast...got smooth. I am sure the engineers knew of this "problem" but technology just couldnt produce a remedy. I am ok with this. I will sacrifice the jerky ride for an unbelievable ride otherwise. looking forward to getting more comfortable with the car and enjoying my time with her. Thank you BMW for the experience.