View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012-535i
I always had trouble getting comfortable in both my 05 & 08 E60ís. My 02 530 was great. This 2011 335 with M-Sport I have now is much more comfortable although itís a little difficult to get in and out of. All the above had Sport Package and Comfort Seats. Iím 5í-10Ē and the E60 always felt too low.

This week Iím driving a fairly loaded 528 with Sport package and although itís a really nice car the Sports Seats are way too low for me. My wife and I both noticed that the passenger seat adjusts up higher than the driverís seat and thatís something we noticed on both of the E60ís and that doesnít make a lot of sense. So Iíve been driving this for about two days now and my back is killing me because Iím forcing myself to sit up higher and Itís not working.

Has anyone tried to raise the seat with stand offs or some other means? When I bought my 08 I took it to an upholstery shop and to properly raise the cushion they needed to use new leather on the seat bottom. The leather they had didnít quite match so I never did it.

I really want to go back to a 535 next time but I donít want to be uncomfortable and I question the wisdom of having to spend $500 to modify a brand new $65,000 car. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?