View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Tightrope walking

Mein Auto: Jackwagon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Shouldn't be to bad if he does most of the work himself. The hard part imo is putting in the wiring harness from the ZHP to the wagon. My friend whos doing my manual conversion put the S54 and all M3 parts on a wagon including wiring harness. Most of the things work except rear windows, sun roof small stuff like that. I'll take a pic of it for you guys when I pickup my car.
I don't think I'm going to do the full harness, actually. I talked to my old co-mechanics yesterday and she was excited to hear about the project. She offered up a few "while you're in there" items to inspect and/or replace while the motor and trans were out of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlmethod View Post
This project is an awesome idea! Although a major pain in the ass and expensive, what about adding the retrofit Navigation along with iPod & Sirius, intravee or mediabridge? May be tough to find matching dash trim etc.
Had I found a ZHP with Nav, I would have absolutely done that retrofit. As it is, I'm happy with what I'll be getting out of the donor parts-car.

Building a ZHP wagon... click the pic!!!
-.-.-.--.-.-.-
Because BMW wouldn't do it for me
For Sale - HUGE part out of 2005 ZHP sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL View Post
My input is that ffej knows what he's talking about .

Last edited by ffej; 03-01-2012 at 07:23 AM.