Thread: No Cabin Heat
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dablk1 View Post
Did you have any coolant leaks while you were trying to get the problem diagnosed? Did a lot of pressure build up in your reservoir? I wanted to try a little more troubleshooting before going after the pipe. When did you finally know for certain that it was PIPE?
The funniest thing wheep hole was dry, but when they removed my water pump (it's 2009 almost new) my mechanic put his finger and inspected the gasket and found that lower part was torn and therefore water was getting back into valley pan instead of going into to the block, therefore not enough flow from water pump!! In other words wheep hole is not only about loosing coolant, it's the way to kill your engine.
Easy test:
When car is cold remove the coolant cap and watch for a small return hose it should be peeing really good not like with prostate cancer)) lol
Mine was very weak, barely peeing, after coolant pipe it's peeing like 10 yrs old boy again
But your electric pump is dead, don't drive like this! You'll kill your engine. If you want just heat replace the electric pump, but it's not a solution

Last edited by SFbay; 03-01-2012 at 03:54 PM.