View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 Active Hybrid 7
As a tall guy who tends to have lots of problems with headroom, I automatically put the seat all the way down when getting into a new car. I did this for my F10 when I first got it, but it ended up hurting my back. The other thing I would do would be to have the cushion "tipped" back, i.e. the front higher than the rear. Someone posted on here that they were told that leads to lower back pain. I flattened the cushion out front to rear and raised the seat to give my knees some bend that way and haven't had an issue since.[/QUOTE]

Fortunately, I've been reading Bimmerfest the last couple weeks with more gusto while recuperating from spine surgery. This morning I ventured out with revised seat adjustments, level seat, increased height and it makes a big improvement in comfort. So happy I came across this thread. I too moved the seat all the way down for the extra headroom, and the front seat tilted up. I've done this on seven BMWs, one 911, an SL and an E class. It's been out of habit every time I buy a new car -- I set the seat memory at delivery, and just make minor adjustments. I'd say my comfort seat in now a good two inches higher, and I felt no strain at all. Deflating the lumbar all the way improves comfort fourth still. Thanks!