View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Tdrag97 Send a message via Yahoo to Tdrag97 Send a message via Skype™ to Tdrag97
Mein Auto: 09' E70 , 06 IS350
Quote:
Originally Posted by gassy View Post
I just installed my 8000K Angel Eyes from Alpine MSS. A couple of observations:

2. The round light housing cap must have a ONE INCH hole drilled right through the center, not the 1/2" hole as indicated elsewhere on this board. The bulb assembly has a double flange soft silicon-rubber seal that must sandwich this hole you drill, so one lip is inside and one outside. It takes a little bit of effort to pull the exterior flange out, but it makes an obvious water-tight seal when you do it correctly. I used a 1 inch spade bit and braced the cap on a piece of wood. Easy to drill; took about 10 seconds.

Ok.. so after more reading.. I when ahead and order Alex F01/f02 and E70 kit.. Hope to get them soon..

-Gassy.. on your#2.. do you find it easier to install the bulb assembly thru the light cover, then install the bulb into the socket. Or install the HID bulb into the socket, then run the bulb assembly thru the cover?.

-Falcon - how was the install on the E70? how was access the H8 bulbs compare to the F01? any tips.

and yes.. Alex was very helpful and very quick to reply emails