View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 05:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 535Xi 6M
Socal I have the same problem on my 535Xi. I have the third set of rotors on my car since last June. My problem is I seem to have the wrong pad rotor combination with regards to my driving style. I will agree I am harder than most when it comes to brakes. I will say that I have followed the instructions verbatim on "bedding in" the pads and it does help. My opinion is that the brake setup on my car are undersized for "spirited driving". Not sure if the 550 has larger brakes than the 535. I am currently waiting for my HPS Hawk brake pads as I know this will rid myself of brake pad deposits on my rotors. This will however cause decent amounts of brake dust and rotors that I will have to replace very frequently. Oh well, something has to give and I don't feel like spending 5K+ on a wheel and brembo brake upgrade. I have used the Hawk pads (blue) on my track car in the past and have had excellent results.

Here is a photo for viewing pleasure of the pad deposits. Notice, this didn't show up like this until I started to buff it with a disk. Before that it looked like a blue stripe on the rotor.