View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Seek to understand,^Value
Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
It looks like our friend will be replacing his brake pressure sensor based on this post today ...
> E39 (1997 - 2003) > how to change e39 brake fluid

Originally Posted by mjbennett9 View Post
Bavarian Technic says it's code 81 (Pressure Sensor Lead). I tried the DMM but since I live alone, it's too much. I am assuming the sensor is in fact bad. However, searching for a repair/replacement DIY for the pressure sensor seems to be as elusive. I've been googling and searching the forums, but have yet to find a DIY on pressure sensor replacement. Anyone replace a brake pressure sensor on a 2002 e39 525i before? Not sure if I need to just unplug 3 wire connector, unscrew, screw new one in (torque?), plug connector in, and off I go?

Sensor will be here Wednesday. I'll hopefully replace it after work, and I leave for Boston Thursday night. I'm hoping this gives me my ABS back for the wintery drive East. FYI, I've already replaced the ABS/DSC module with an ATE rebuilt module :-)
So, I asked him to post a quick DIY on the BPR R&R here to help others.
Please read the suggested threads and add value, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person stands on your shoulders.
See also: E39 Bestlinks & How to easily find what you need