View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
It looks like our friend will be replacing his brake pressure sensor based on this post today ...
> E39 (1997 - 2003) > how to change e39 brake fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbennett9 View Post
Bavarian Technic says it's code 81 (Pressure Sensor Lead). I tried the DMM but since I live alone, it's too much. I am assuming the sensor is in fact bad. However, searching for a repair/replacement DIY for the pressure sensor seems to be as elusive. I've been googling and searching the forums, but have yet to find a DIY on pressure sensor replacement. Anyone replace a brake pressure sensor on a 2002 e39 525i before? Not sure if I need to just unplug 3 wire connector, unscrew, screw new one in (torque?), plug connector in, and off I go?

Sensor will be here Wednesday. I'll hopefully replace it after work, and I leave for Boston Thursday night. I'm hoping this gives me my ABS back for the wintery drive East. FYI, I've already replaced the ABS/DSC module with an ATE rebuilt module :-)
So, I asked him to post a quick DIY on the BPR R&R here to help others.
Your job, in return, is to read the suggested threads, where the best people will always add value to those threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same problem stands on your shoulders.
See also: E39 Bestlinks & How to easily find what you need