View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:33 AM

Mein Auto: Sorry VW,s
Hello again to all BMW X5 X3 owners from Down Under in Australia , I am trying to save some of you some trouble that you are going to or are having with your sunroofs . Please look on page 2 of this post and scroll right to the bottom you will find the complete details with pics there for all to see . As I had posted the repair so long ago not everyone has seen the page with the info on so this is just a reminder for new arrivals . I am also grateful to the many replies I have had from all corners of the world , its nice to find so many of you have been able to fix the sunroofs youselves .
As a matter of interest the best one so far was a BMW owner called Christian from Belgium who actually rang me late one night and as I did not answer it at 11.30 pm he then sent a text message to say check my email . I did so at the time and sent him the repair details ,the following day he sent a reply email to say it was fixed . I can still picture him as he described it in his suit at outside his home fixing the sunroof because it was stuck open and it was raining . A great story , so thanks again to those who have replied after fixing your roofs youselves . Regards Howard Thrift East Coast Sunroofs Queensland Australia