View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E34/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Facebook still does not allow users to opt out of allowing Facebook to read/write SMS messages from the users smartphone and they also do not allow users to opt out of allowing Facebook to read all personal contact data stored on smartphone. If they were that honest they would allow users the option to choose and pick what they want just like when you sync your Apple iPhone with your Mac Notebook to where you can choose what categories you want to sync and what Calendar dates/info you want to sync. I believe that when they give you the option to choose they are honest but do not trust them when they do not allow their users to choose or opt out. My $.02..
Wow man. Just wow. YOU wanted a smartphone that is able to bring you your social networks, email, phone calls...etc...and then you bitch about the fact that you have to SHARE this info with your PHONE and the APPS that need the info to function??? I know Cricket has some bare-bones CDMA phones you can get...no FB, Skype or CIQ...get one...and stop being so paranoid.

That was the first thing, the next is: THE APPS VERY MUCH, DO LET YOU KNOW WHAT SERVICES/INFO THEY ARE VIEWING. Right when you hit 'Download' in the marketplace, another screen pops up that says 'Accept and Download'...before hitting that button like an ignorant fool, read through the rest of that screen. It very specifically tells you what you are getting into. If you are so worried, DON'T HIT THE FREAKING 'ACCEPT AND DOWNLOAD' BUTTON YOU FOOL.

And lastly, there are plenty of apps/tools that will allow you to 'custom tailor' your android permissions and (for example) stop FB from accessing your contact list...but...I have a feeling you will have some issue with that as well, so I will continue to let you be paranoid instead of showing you the way. Google it.