View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuncy View Post
regular plastidip is matte but they recently came up with some new enhancers glossifier, metallizer etc., so you basically do the matte and then put couple of layers of glossifier to make it glossy black or metalizer to make it like gun metal (http://www.youtube.com/user/DipYourC.../2/2INDcL22Twk).

The shadow line trims are not plastidipped they are painted matte black because of the rest of the black trim pieces (i.e. underneath the mirror caps, windshield strip, folding top cover etc.) are matte I thought it'll blend in better.

I'm not joking about the model designation deletion, option 320 or S0320 - Modellschriftzug Entfang. I even pushed for soft-close doors - S0323 but they refused, I don't know if I was too late or because it was a U.S. spec car but I heard this years' models will have it as standard at some point. There is some interesting stuff too like S0XL1 (wood inlay for the steering wheel matching the interior wood trim). These don't show up on U.S. order form but they can always request it, it's up to Germany to say yay or nay. I'll find the list.
Yes, I think the matte trim does look better on the convertible, especially with the folding top cover.

I wonder why they are so stingy with options that we should be able to have, considering other models have them. It's not like they have to fabricate something new. It's already there!

Also, nice touch on the black/white roundels

Thanks for the link!