View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by doru View Post
Hose #2 would connect to the upper lower intake of the funnel. Hose #3 would connect to the upper most nipple of the funnel. Hose #4 would connect to the dipstick from the lower nipple of the funnel. Place a check valve between the lower outlet of the funnel & hose #4 to avoid oil suction. Basically, it's almost like the OEM, only you loose the regulating valve, and you add a check valve.
The check valve is an added benefit, because you are now 100% sure you will never hydrolock (with oil) the car. The issue is loosing the regulating valve (which is the top portion of the CCV and sits sideways), what problem might this infilct? I know you won't have the freezing issue anymore...but: if it's cold enough, and if you get lots of engine moisture from the crankcase via hose #2, can you clog the bottom of the funnel with ice?
So there are 2 questions. Also, can the check valve placed between the funnel & hose #4 freeze?

I was thinking that a good air compressor coaleascing filter or even the m5 oil separator or a simple catch can in line #2 will keep the #1 in good condition.
that hummel device is 150$ and filter probably lasts 50k miles.