View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eparayno View Post
I am finally finished with this project! The new pcv valve Im using works perfectly! I circled the location of the valve in red in the pictures I attached.

http://cdn-live.auto-shepherd.com/20...906_Square.jpg

-Purolator PV1050
-O'Reilly Auto/Microguard PCV345
-FRAM FV345 & FV345DP
-BWD Auto PCV358
-Napa Item MPF39358 or CRB29358

Those are all the same valves at varying prices. The model I got was from O'reillys for $2.99. Im thinking I did a good and clean looking setup. I retained both vacuum sources on the distribution piece by using the OEM elbow connected to the front vacuum port which helped with the fitment, placement and OE-ish looks(imo). I can definitely make it look more OEM with snap on hose clamps but Ill save that for another day. My car nut neighbor actually stopped by asking what I was working on and he didnt even mention or notice the catch can! I am pleased I took this project on. The valve will now be a 10minute change including inspecting/emptying the catch can.
So is the PCV located at the lower hose, the source of vacuum?
and the lower hose connects to #5 on real oem diagram, probably through some metal fitting ? This is the real oem diagram

It will be a great mod if you could draw some line on top of real oem image's screen shot. and the putting cross over hoses which were entirely deleted.

I was thinking that instead of using a catchcan one can use the 540 oil separator and put a simple catch can at the drainage point. If a catch can manufacturer is not showing cross sections of catch can it might be just an empty can. The parts can be assembled in this order from the vacuum source onwards .

home-made-ccv-system-f

red is pcv valve as used by you
green m5 cyclone separator
olive green is simple catch can , may be a check valve before that catch can be added

what do you think , will it work

Regards,

Last edited by vclifford; 03-10-2012 at 05:10 AM.