View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Hands-on Gearhead.

Mein Auto: 05 330, 1966 E-Type
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpeace View Post
I received the dreaded ! signal. The limp rev in drive. No problem in reverse.
I took my 330 Ci 2003 to the dealer and was told it was a computer problem and that after they re-initialized or whatever.. that it was okay. Drove off and everything seemed fine. 24 hours and 35 miles later the ! signal returns off and on and eventually limp mode returns. I return to dealer and was told the Trans is Kaput and $7K will bring it back like new.

I am in Vienna Virginia and am in need of a second opinion and based on the forum to try a fluid change first before a complete heart replacement.

Any suggestions. Oh bought it used no trans oil changed added 35K to 110K mileage.
Currently odometer is 143K bought it in 2009. No racing.

Replaced steering pump, brakes, tires, that's about it.
Had pretty much the same thing on my 1994 E36 with only 105k miles on it, but for $4000 fix and the trans was perfect 98% of the time.....and it only takes 30 seconds to reset the trans (all by it'self, by turning off the car for 30 seconds).... I let it ride for nearly 2 yrs. Not a single problem as I drove it like I stole it.

The problem was solved when some drunk ran up my drive and totaled the car.... tis why I have 2005 330 now.

$7000 for a trans.... What a rip !!!!!!