View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 528i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2263 View Post
After much investigation, I believe the good, free live timing was shut down by Bernie. Apparently, we've been taking food out of his children's mouths. F1live.com has become espnf1.com, and their "timing" is a joke. I paid the $28.99 for the official app. I just have to have it.
I also downloaded the app to my iPad. I actually think its much improved over the 2011 version. I like the split screen between the timing data and the course map, and especially the ability to d/l the qualifying and race data after the fact. Together with my DVR, it's like I'm watching live without having to get up at two in the morning. Since you can pause either one, it's easy to keep them in sync.

Last year, when it was live, the few second delay on Speed always bothered me.

The big downside is the cost ... From free to $28.99 is a true Bernie - esque move.

2006 325xi / Sparkling Graphite / Terra / Walnut/ Steptronic /Premium Package - Nav / Xenons || iPod Adapter | Blacklines (retired 5-1-2014)