View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
At least half the technical articles I get right from the manufacturer are not as good as Kat's and fun2drive's. Outstanding job and a real service to those with convertible tops. Well done!
Note to convertible top owners. As Kat and fun stated, these are very complex mechanisms, and labor and parts won't be cheap when they need repair. Following their preventive maintenance tips will keep a lot of cash in your pocket in the future.
Note to the authors. I have printed out the guide and will be gifting each of my cabriocustomers with a copy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
This is bloody excellent.
I also intend to pass it along to any cabrio owners I know.
Thanks for the kudos, but please make sure you give the updated pdf version to friends and customers. Wilhelm graciously pdf'd part one, but I think we need to have part 2 added to it.

I cannot emphasize enough, how important it is to listen to your top. I had truly forgotten how quiet and smooth the mechanism is when it is properly lubricated until the recent lubrication by the dealer. This is very pertinent to those folks who are starting to get into E93s as second owners. If the top isn't smooth as silk and very quiet except for the gentle whirr of the motor, it's probably in need of some TLC.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793