View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 07:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 528i
Finally got my car back........this turned out to be an ugly situation. Dropped my car off on Sept 10, 2011 and got my car back on March 1, 2012. Here's the rundown: head fixed and no overheating, cylinder #2 was misfiring, he stated pressure there was only about 60 and should be around 160. He replaced the short block with one he purchased from someone, possibly one of the BMW forum type sites, and guess what? Still misfiring in cylinder #2!!!! Now there's no smoke from tailpipe and the pressure is about 120-125. The car has a rough idle and you can feel the misfiring as you try to accelerate. I had to take my car this time, couldn't leave it with him any longer. There are some other issues with the car as well.....odometer and speedometer don't work, passenger side fog light fell out after I drove from the shop and parked (10 to 15 miles away), oil spots on the interior, bumper was loose.......of course this is all bad , but minor when compared to the engine running horribly. I'm at my wit's end about this and want to bring my bimmer up to its full potential. I'm planning on getting an engine this summer. We'll see where this goes.....fixed my fog light and bumper, cleaned the oil spots, and will need some help with odometer and speedometer.......

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Bimmer App