View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Past Sponsor

Send a message via Skype™ to ottonavigps
Mein Auto: 03 325 BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalag View Post
So, here is the issue for me. As Boramkiv had stated, you lose the dash control displays(time, date, MPG, travel, etc.) and settings, that I currently use. I do not have to be concerned about the Nav or DSP, but these are important to keep functioning. Is there a way to keep them going through the directional signal switch or is that just a remote to the radio?

Is the unit self-contained in a single Din? There are no other wiring or units required in the back of the vehicle. Seems like a lot to operate in this small box. However, technology is moving forward.

Do all of the steering wheel controls still functions(volume, track switching, etc.) automatically?

I really like the design and clean fit, I just do not want to lose anything...if possible. What instructions or wiring are needed?

Thanks
Steering wheel controls will still function....No need to wire anything, just plug it in and connect to your current radio harness and off you go. I will try and get pictures taken of harnesses cables, etc and the back of the unit (think I already have that one up, Ill check)