View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 04 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluhwein View Post
We are in our third MINI now. Never had a single repair - just the scheduled maintenance. To me they are the most reliable family of cars I've owned, and I've had 9 Toyotas, 3 Fords, a Suburu, 2 Chevys, a Plymouth, a VW Bug, and 2 GEO Metros. For a small car it is amazingly comfortable provided you get rid of the run flats. For my wife and I it has ample room for groceries and most things we get at Home Depot. What I really enjoy is the camaraderie among most MINI owners. Dealerships organize driving events and giveaways on a fairly regular basis. And the local MINI clubs seem a lot less clannish than the BMW owners' groups. The only beef I have with MINI and why my wife traded in her 2008 S convertible for a BMW 128i is that MINI is rapidly losing its cachet - there are too many of them out there now.

I'll be keeping mine at least until the elections this year - 500+ miles on a tank of gas is kind of necessary in today's economy.
I'm glad you've had such remarkable luck with your Minis. How many miles are on the three you have?

The posts on North American Motoring are too numerous to count regarding problems, and statistically speaking MINI is often ranked DEAD LAST on reliability, by multiple sources.

There have been a rash of 2011 and 2012s suffering from thermostat problems. In fact, the 2012 Cooper S I test drove a few weeks ago failed to start and I had to call the dealership to come pick me up. Sure enough, it was a failed thermostat.

That kind of sealed the deal for me, which is why I am looking elsewhere.