View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampage601 View Post
when i checked my compression all of my plugs were bad except for one so what are the odds that 3 injectors are stuck open and one isnt? i havent gotten around to checking my injectors but its on my list along with the coolant temp sensor
what is a t-stat and how do i check it
as for the way my car sounds its aweful..i dont know if it has anything to do with the problems its having but ill try to get a video of it tomorrow after work and maybe it will help yall help me narrow it down
i am getting the 1222 code and thats the only one
i was abandoned and sat for three years..
i dont know if this is the reason it was left behind or how much it has to do with the way its running but i definitely have to figure it out quick..
by the way what kind of freon do these cars take..hopefully nothing special
if it's running like big fat poop, the last thing that you need to worry about is the air conditioning...

as for the 3 'bad' plugs, i am going to assume that they were all black and fouled out?? what was the difference between them and the last one?? how do you know that the 3 were 'ok', and the last one was 'bad'??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampage601 View Post
Oh I'm not familiar with all these short cuts y'all use for stuff..
I also noticed that when I fill my car up it hesitates until I burn some of the gas out? Why is that?
But my tstat is fine I've already checked it
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
How did you check it?

The only way to actually do so is to put it in a pot of water on the stove, and physically watch it open at the right temperature (82 or 90*C)
you beat me to the question, there, ed.

but you could verify the temp operation with a thermal gun. no need to go get the cookware to check a car part...we *are* in (wait, what's the year again?? )

anyway, i will wait for the video to see what we're dealing with here. unitl then, it's a guessing game at best.

however, i do believe that this is a candidate for a competant tech to take and do an assessment on.

df