View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
So I spent some quality time last night laying on my back under the rear of my car in the garage, and couldn't for the life of me find what you guys are referring to. Using the photos sent to me by Kalil147, as well as some diagrams from realoem.com, I looked all over my rear mufflers, both input and output ends, and didn't find any wastegate or vacuum lines. So, I'm back to one of my original questions. Has anybody with a 2008 or later 550 with the Sport package done this? Reason I ask is that in the 5-series brochure describing the Sport Package for the 550, they use the words "The exhaust has been tuned with a sportier sound, delivered through distinctive 550i exhaust tips." I'm wondering if BMW simply eliminated the valve on the second muffler with the sport package to achieve this.

Over the weekend, I'm going to lift the car up (or park where the rear is farther from the ground), since the car is too low for me to really get underneath it completely (my wife was kind enough to point that out, rather than comment that I was too fat!!!LOL), and update after that, but any comments would be appreciated.

Keith