View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:19 PM

Mein Auto: 03 e39 540iT, 89 e30 325i
Just came across this thread. Haven't been active on the boards for a while, but was checkout out a thread for a friend selling his touring when I found this. Here is the link in case you are curious...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=610873

Anyways, some good rides out there. I'm away from home in CO right now, so I can't post pics. Our Touring took us here quickly, averaging 76mph and 20.9 mpg for the trip over 805 miles one way. This trip reaffirmed that this car is indeed a tourer: fast, smooth, powerful, and comfortable. We fit everything in the hatch and still had plenty of room. Didn't bring snowboards or skis as we weren't sure how the snow was going to be, so that helped our mileage out as well. Good thing we didn't, as it was over 50 degrees here everyday and most of the good snow was gone. Our kids are still little so the rear seat isn't a big issue, but I suspect as they get older it may become more so. That will mean the wife will have to sell the Mazda 5 and get a real minivan or something else boring to drive.

I actually debated selling the wagon recently. Idea was to help fund an e30M3 purchase, but I couldn't find a reasonable replacement for such a great car that can do so many things. Plus, I wouldn't get much money for it to put any significant dent in an m3 purchase, as I would still have to buy a car to haul the kiddos in and then pray there was some left over for something else. Not many cars I would want to have for 13-15k that can do what this car can.

I know others have debated this same issue, but the end result for many is to just keep the touring. Will post up some pics and a narrative on its life when I get some time back home.