View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Bimmer Loyalist

Mein Auto: E24 E39 E83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefin' Dude View Post
jayster0966- for your rough running. i would just move coil from cylinder 3 to cylinder 1 and see if the rough running moves with the coil. maybe do the same with the plug if the coil was not it. it could be an injector also.

as for the LCM, what year is your car? the LCM's are supposedly the same it is just the coding that is different and that can be changed by changing the ZCS or the VO depending on when the car was manufactured. i may have time to play with this this weekend. i have the euro lights already and do not like red turn signals. they should be yellow. that is how i have them now, they just look funny because the LCM is coded for NA.

G~
Thanks, got that rough cylinder trouble all figured out.(faulty plug)

My vehicle is a 00' E39 while all the parts for the light conversion are from a 02' Euro 525it. Have learned from another forum that best way to attack the retrofit process is read the EWS Vin and mileage and write to the LCM using BMW scanner 1.4.. Is this how you were planning on doing this or are you going to be using NCS Expert? Keep us posted on your programming progress. Maybe a DIY?

Last edited by jayster0966; 04-02-2012 at 10:40 PM.