View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 04:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F25 35D MSport
I've contacted the UK MD (his office, I doubt he's seen my email). The UK National Service Manager will be involved now but unless there's a fault with the car I doubt anything can be done. Here's a list of my concerns:

1) Wind noise from about 60 mph, it sounds like the car is being driven on a blustery day even in still conditions. This noise almost certainly emanates from the large mirrors but it should not enter the cabin.

2) Traffic noise - other vehicles, particularly on the motorway, can be heard loudly. The level of traffic noise is commensurate with wet weather even though the road is dry.

3) External noises such as people talking, passing trucks and car stereos are at a level I would expect from a convertible with soft top (ie not a metal roof).

4) When driving on local roads at say 30 mph in the wet I can hear the water sloshing from the tyres. I'm well aware the RFTs tend to be more noisy than normal tyres but this is not tyre noise per se. Our Mini One is far quieter on wet roads that the X3.